The Blavin Scholars Program and Scholarship is designed to promote success for University of Michigan students who were formerly in foster care. The program is committed to assisting Blavin Scholars in navigating all that the University of Michigan has to offer in order to maximize their Michigan experience.
In addition to financial support, the Blavin Scholars Program provides comprehensive and tailored academic, personal, and life-skills support to all scholars so that they may succeed both at the university and after graduation. Services we provide include:
- Guidance through the admission process
- Transition assistance from matriculation through graduation
- One-on-one support with the Blavin Scholar Campus Coach in order to address any concerns or roadblocks, and to talk about individual campus experiences
- Access to Campus Resources: Housing, Financial Aid, Career Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and University Health Services
- Educational Programming: Monthly group meetings address common issues and concerns including financial management, stress management, and healthy relationships
- Community Building: Free social events including Thanksgiving dinners, study days, bowling trips, and UM sporting events
- Mentoring: All scholars are provided a mentor based on individual student needs and interests
- Year round housing including during holidays and breaks
- 24/7 Support: Access to Blavin Scholar Staff 365 days a year
Stay current with Blavin Scholars news and events. Like us on Facebook!