Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) recently expanded the eligibility criteria for access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). This means that more students may be eligible for this important benefit. Based on your circumstances, please review the guidance and information contained in the links below, to determine whether you may now be eligible to receive this benefit.
Need help?The Dean of Students Office (DOS) is a great place to start. DOS is a central place for students, parents, faculty, and staff to seek assistance in navigating the complex issues of campus life. Our team provides direct support to students or student groups experiencing situations impacting their Michigan experience, identifies available resources, and coordinates the appropriate response. Our goal is to promote a safe, respectful, healthy, and inclusive campus community for all students at the University of Michigan.
We can help you address:
- Crisis/Emergency Situations
- Off-Campus Housing Concerns
- Academic Difficulties
- Financial Hardship
- Concern for the Wellbeing of Others
- Physical Illness/Injury
- Food Insecurity & Basic Needs
- Campus Climate Concerns
- Navigating Pregnancy or Parenting as a Student
Experiencing something not listed here?Reach out anyway. We will work with students, faculty, staff, and parents/families to find the best resources and services to support student success and wellbeing.
- Email the DOS at email@example.com
- Or Call DOS at 734-764-7420
How to Request Support from the Dean of Students Office
- By Phone - Call the Dean of Students Office at 734-764-7420 to request support during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). If it is after business hours, leave a message and a staff member will get back with you by the next business day.
- By Email - Email the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request support during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). If it is after hours, a stm
- By Drop-In - You can walk into the office during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) for a drop-in appointment with an on-call staff member.
- Online - Submit a “Student Support Request” form online using this link. Please do not use this form to report emergencies or time-sensitive requests. Submissions are reviewed when University offices are open, and will be responded to within one business day.