Need help?The Dean of Students Office (DOS) is a great place to start. DOS is a central place for students, parents, faculty, and staff to seek assistance in navigating the complex issues of campus life. Our team provides direct support to students or student groups experiencing situations impacting their Michigan experience, identifies available resources, and coordinates the appropriate response. Our goal is to promote a safe, respectful, healthy, and inclusive campus community for all students at the University of Michigan.
We can help you address:
- Crisis/Emergency Situations
- Off-Campus Housing Concerns
- Academic Difficulties
- Financial Hardship
- Concern for the Wellbeing of Others
- Physical Illness/Injury
- Food Insecurity & Basic Needs
- Campus Climate Concerns
- Navigating Pregnancy or Parenting as a Student
Experiencing something not listed here?Reach out anyway. We will work with students, faculty, staff, and parents/families to find the best resources and services to support student success and wellbeing.
- Stop by DOS located in the Tappan Street Auxiliary Building, (609 Tappan Ave. )
- Email the DOS at email@example.com
- Or Call DOS at 734-764-7420
What happens when I contact DOS?You can contact DOS by walking in, by email, or by phone, whichever method works best for you. A member of the Student Support/Critical Incident Response Team will communicate with you to gather basic information about your concerns. The team member will discuss options for addressing the behavior, including steps that you can take and steps the team member can take on you or the student’s behalf. Our team is knowledgeable of University policies, procedures, and community life. We work with individual students, student groups, parents, staff, and faculty to address conflicts, help address barriers impacting a student’s pursuit of educational goals, and can connect students with campus and community resources that promote restoration and success. Team members work cooperatively with students to identify strategies to address areas of concern and assist in developing a plan to move forward.
If this is an emergency, call 911 or UMPD at 734-763-1131.
- To learn more, please contact DOS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 734-764-7420. An on-call staff member is also available in the Dean of Students Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for walk-in assistance.