Welcome back students, families, faculty, and staff!
The Dean of Students Office is open and available in person to serve students, faculty, staff, parents/families, and community members in 3100 Michigan Union during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). Staff members are also available by phone or Zoom. Below are details on how to connect with the Dean of Students staff to seek support and assistance.
DOS staff members are available to individually support students and help manage any disruptions to their Michigan experience. Staff members can also talk with parents/families, faculty, and staff about resources and support available and can work together to develop a plan for student assistance.
Staff members in the DOS Office can discuss particular needs in relation to the following issues (among others)
- Quarantine or isolation needs
- Academic support (including academic notifications for absences from class or academic stress)
- Financial concerns, including emergency funding
- Campus climate concerns
- Off-campus roommate concerns or questions
- Direct referrals to health and wellbeing resources
How to Request Support from the Dean of Students Office
- By Phone - Call the Dean of Students Office at 734-764-7420 to request support during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). If it is after business hours, leave a message and a staff member will get back with you by the next business day.
- By Email - Email the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request support during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). If it is after hours, a staff member will get back with you by the next business day.
- By Drop-In - You can walk into the office during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) for a drop-in appointment with an on-call staff member.
- Online - Submit a “Student Support Request” form online using this link. Please do not use this form to report emergencies or time-sensitive requests. Submissions are reviewed when University offices are open, and will be responded to within one business day.