How To Report Hazing

To report a dangerous situation that is underway, call 911 for an immediate response. This will connect you to either the U-M Police Department for on-campus activity or to the Ann Arbor Police Department. The two departments will coordinate a response.

If you have information about possible hazing activities are several avenues for reporting:

  • Dean of Students (DOS)
    (734) 764-7420
    The Dean of Students Office can help direct you to the appropriate resources if you are unsure of how to proceed.
  • Center for Campus Involvement (CCI)
    (734) 763-5900
    CCI oversees all registered student organizations. Issues concerning any student organization can be directed to them.
  • Fraternity and Sorority Life
    (734) 936-3686
    email: [email protected]
    Staff members in the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life will assist with issues involving fraternities and sororities that are members of the Panhellenic Association, Multicultural Greek Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council, or Interfraternity Council.  Investigations may be conducted by the Hazing Response Team, a group of staff and students educated and trained to appropriately handle various types of investigations.
  • Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR)
    OSCR addresses action or behavior by individuals, not organizations.  If you are aware of a specific student hazing others, a complaint can be filed with OSCR.
  • Office of the Ombuds
    If you witness or experience conduct that discriminates, stereotypes, excludes, harasses or harms anyone in our community based on their identity please report it to the University.